“Goals will change your life!” -Dave Ramsey
I’ve been trying to catch Dave Ramsey’s radio program as much as I can. I was lucky enough to catch it Monday, January 2nd after New Year’s Eve. He started it with the 5 things that make goals work:
- Time Limit
- Put it in writing
So, my current goal is to lose 21 lbs and my reward will be to get $1050 out of our household budget for shopping! See the post here.
- I did make it specific-lose weight
- I did make it measurable-21 lbs
- I did make it mine-I want it to happen. I’m not doing it for anyone else.
- Time limit-crap. maybe I should have an end game here. I missed this one.
- Put it in writing-it’s on my blog for all the world to see. duh!
So, I’m going to go easy on myself and have a goal of 1 lb a week. I tried for 2 lbs before and rarely hit it. So, I have 21 weeks from Jan 2nd to lose 21 lbs.
Time Limit-May 27th
So, I have until Memorial Day weekend to hit my goal. Perfect timing to hit up holiday sales with my $1050 for summer shopping.
I hope this helps. Dave Ramsey also says handling money is 80% behavior & only 20% head knowledge. I’m thinking it’s 90/10 with losing weight! Here’s his website if you’d like to take a look. www.DaveRamsey.com