- Cappuccino with skim milk, Raspberry Brazil Nut Pita (P. 99)
- Vegetarian Chili
- Penne with Pesto from puzzle pieces
- Dark Chocolate
- 30 minutes walking on the treadmill
- Upper body workout with free weights
This was a great day on Cinch and all the food was very filling. I made the raspberry brazil nut pita for the first time and it was very good. I used hazelnuts instead of Brazil Nuts.
I also added fresh mint. I love fresh mint with raspberries.
I had the veggie chili leftovers again. It’s so easy to just throw it in the microwave.
I found a sundried tomato pesto at Whole Foods and built a dinner around it. I have been trying to find fresh whole grain pasta. I found some fresh penne at Whole Foods. The only ingredients are wheat flour & water. I’m not sure if that works or not but it’s so much better than that crap whole grain dried penne in the pasta aisle.
This was so good. I used what I had to come up with the recipe.
- Produce: 1/2 cup each of artichoke hearts sliced, baby spinach, red pepper sliced, white onion sliced
- Whole Grain: 1/2 cup penne pasta
- Lean Protein: 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan
- Plant-based fat: 1 tablespoon sundried tomato pesto
- SASS: fresh basil, oregano, black pepper
I sliced the onion & red pepper and threw it on a cookie sheet and roasted for 15 min in a 450 degree oven. I cooked the penne and threw the spinach in with it for the last 3 minutes. I tossed all of the ingredients with the penne and topped with parmesan and fresh basil. I threw some chicken marinated in balsalmic vinegar, oregano, salt & pepper on the indoor grill and tossed that with the pasta for my husband.
The snack I had was an orange, sliced almonds & Wasa cracker with smoked gouda. Only 2 more days! How will I celebrate?