I’ve given up working on my taxes. I have 3 different states to file in for 2010 and turbotax is not very helpful and has completely frustrated me. So I decided to work on a chili recipe for Sunday following the 5 piece puzzle from Cinch. Of course, my husband will have ground beef, shredded cheese & sour cream in his chili being a meatatarian. Thanks Stephanie for your suggestions. It helped a lot.
- Produce: 1/4 cup each of chopped onion, poblano pepper, zucchini, carrots; 1 cup canned fire roasted tomatoes; 2 cups vegetable stock
- Whole Grain: 1/2 cup corn
- Lean Protein: 1/4 cup black beans, 1/4 cup kidney beans
- Plant-based fat: 1 tablespoon olive oil
- SASS: garlic, oregano, cumin, cayenne pepper, cilantro or scallions
Soak beans overnight with water & baking soda to soften skins then the next day boil the water and simmer for an hour.
Heat oil and saute onions, poblano & carrots for about 3 minutes. Add garlic & zucchini and cook another 6 minutes. Add the tomatoes, veg stock, corn, oregano, cumin, cayenne pepper and bring to boil then simmer until you are ready to eat. Add the beans right before serving to heat them up. Top with cilantro or scallions.
I know I’m going to miss the freshly grated cheddar cheese. Oh well, it will be delicious I’m sure. I’ll post pics on Sunday.