- Cappuccino with skim milk, Mango Mint Avocado Smoothie (P. 106)
- Spicy Avocado Tostadas (P. 119)
- Piece of Chocolate
- Vegetable Soup (made with puzzle pieces)
- Dark Chocolate Oatmeal (P. 101)
- 60 minutes walking on the treadmill
I’ve had frozen mango in my freezer for over a week in anticipation of the Mango Mint avocado smoothie. Until yesterday I just couldn’t bring myself to ruin my favorite fruit with avocado. Finally, it was the day and I would bravely make this concoction. I put everything in the blender and thought, “Man, this is not gonna be good”. I took a spoonful of it after it was blended and couldn’t even try it. I thought just getting it down with a straw was going to be the easiest way.
It was REALLY good. You can’t taste the avocado and it just makes it creamy. All that worry was for nothing. After 2 weeks of her recipes I just need to trust Cynthia Sass! She’s brilliant.
I had the Spicy Avocado Tostadas again. I was really hungry after walking on the treadmill for an hour and this was really filling and has great flavor.
It was very cold & windy last night in the middle of the blizzard and I decided to try to put a vegetable soup together with the puzzle pieces. I used what I had and it came out delicious!
This was SO good. These are giant mugs and it was so much I couldn’t finish it. The soup on the right is for my husband and I shredded chicken breast in his. Here’s the recipe:
- 1/4 cup of chopped onions, chopped carrots, chopped red peppers, frozen broccoli; 1 cup canned fire roasted tomatoes; 1 cup vegetable broth; 1 cup water
- 1/2 cup frozen corn
- 1/4 cup freshly grated parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small minced garlic clove, oregano, rosemary, parsley, black pepper, bay leaf
Saute onion, carrots, red peppers for about 6 min in olive oil. Add the garlic & saute for about one minute. Add the tomatoes, broth & water and bring to a boil then reduce heat and simmer. Add the corn, broccoli & seasonings. Simmer on the stove then serve with cheese.
Next time I will not use broccoli because it got mushy. Also, I will use a monterey jack cheese or something creamier than parmesan.
I was craving chocolate so I made the oatmeal again. I used a little less oats to cut down on the whole grain. While they were cooking I had a slice of smoked gouda cheese & 1 cup of fresh blueberries.
Such a wonderful day with so much fresh food!