- Coffee with half & half, Waffle with cottage cheese, cinnamon, walnuts, kiwi & dried cranberries
- Spicy Avocado Tostadas (P. 119)
- Penne, Roasted red pepper, onion & tomatoes, 1tbs pesto, 1/4 c. nonfat ricotta, oregano, fresh basil, pepper
- Cracker, slice of cheese, clementine, sliced almonds
- Piece of chocolate bar
- 45 minutes walking on the treadmill
Still haven’t given up my half & half so I decided to add 15 min of walking on the treadmill. I loved this combo of waffle and I put it together so it looks more appetizing. Day 1 waffle was a hot mess.
Spicy Avocado was once again great. I saved half the guacamole from the night before so it was a “cinch” to make. Haha. I liked putting the lettuce under the guac so the lettuce doesn’t go on my lap as I eat it.
So, I had left over pesto and I threw this meal together while trying to stick to the puzzle pieces. 2 things I will do different next time. I will get fresh whole wheat pasta, the dried kind is a bit chewy. Also, instead of ricotta cheese I will go with freshly grated parmesan to give the dish the nutty, salty taste. I threw pre-cooked shrimp on my husband’s pasta and made it larger with more sauce and I did put parmesan cheese on his. He’s 6′ 5″ -he needs it!
The snack at night was once again easy and enjoyable. I ate it while we played Playstation 3 Move. Has anyone played it? We are addicted to frisbee golf and you actually get some exercise. My shoulder and bicep is usually sore the next day.
I feel really good and I am so surprised how satisfied I feel throughout the day!